Dear K Rae,
Today your are 7 months (and 1 day) old. I swear it was just like 30 seconds ago that you turned 6 months old. I feel like time keeps getting faster. You are growing up soooo fast.
This month, you have done a lot of “grown up” things. You:
- are cutting two teeth. I’m sure they will be adorable, but the fact hit me that you will never again have that precious little gummy grin.
- got your H1N1 shot and didn’t even cry. You didn’t even flinch, and then you smiled at the nurse.
- are sooooo close to crawling. You get onto your hands and knees and rock back and forth constantly. One day you even got up onto your toes in a downward dog yoga position!
- are starting to sleep unswaddled. I didn’t think that would ever happen, but you seem to like it, after about 5 minutes of fussing anyway. You can roll around and grab your pacifier yourself when you lose it!
- Oh, you also sit in the front of the shopping cart now instead of the front carrier.
This month, you have fallen in love with the cats. You think they are the coolest. I have to shut the door at naptime because if you hear Lily meow, you are up and looking for her. I am surprised at how gentle you are with them. You’ve only taken hands full of hair a couple of times!
We are going to Boise on Friday for you to meet your Great Grandmother, Cynthia. This will be your second plane ride. At least we’ll have some help this time and you will have someone else to play with other than me.
You get more and more fun all of the time. The sound of you laughing just melts my heart, and, lucky for me, you are doing it more and more these days. I feel soooo lucky to be your Mom. You’re the best kid!